Cryogenic Fire Box for extremely low temperatures
Liquid natural gas (LNG) is a type of cryogenic liquid that can be flammable and thus can cause jet fires (gas leak ignition). As part of the safety system on LNG vessels, it is required that valves and flanges should contain insulation material that protects against both jet fire and cryogenic leakage/spills.
ENERGY Cryocover ™ has been developed specifically for this purpose, and is combination tested and certified to protect against cryogenic leakage/spillage and jet fire. With its good insulation properties, ENERGY Cryocover ™ maintains its integrity through a wide temperature range.
- Withstands extreme temperature fluctuations
- Tested for jet fire in accordance to NORSOK R-004
- Tested to protect against cryogenic leakage/spillage according to ISO standard: ISO 20088-3: 2018
- Tested and certified for exposure in temperature range from -196 ° C to 1180 ° C
- Certified and type approved by Lloyd's Register
- Fire and explosion tested drain plug
- Easy to assemble/disassemble for frequent maintenance
- Robust - provides mechanical protection
- Stainless steel sheeting, requires no maintenance and provide low life cycle costs
ENERGY Cryocover ™ is a further development of KAEFER Energy's fire box ENERGY Firecover®, delivered extensively to projects such as:
- Martin Linge
- Johan Sverdrup
The newly developed ENERGY Cryocover™ combination box is based on ENERGY Firecover's principles and properties and has been delivered to the Coral project (Mozambique). LNG projects will increase in the time ahead and will constitute a larger part of the oil and gas business. Based on this, ENERGY Cryocover™ will be well suited for use in projects in the time to come.